Halloween party ideas 2015

Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet with keyboard.The Venue 11 has a gorgeous 10.8-inch -- an unusual size -- 1,920x1,080 IPS display, and the model I'm using is powered by a quad-core Intel Atom Z3770 "Bay Trail" processor with 2GB of memory.
And Dell bundles Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 with the $500 tablet (64GB version).
I've been using it for about a week and the 64-bit Bay Trail processor feels fast running the 32-bit version of Windows 8.1. (Note that 64-bit Windows 8 for Atom won't arrive until the first quarter of 2014.)
I haven't seen any lag in anything I've done. But I should qualify that by saying it's been limited, so far, to lots of Web browsing and video.
Speed (Bay Trail model): The Venue 11 posted Geekbench scores that were lower than the iPad Air on single-core performance but higher than the Air on multicore. (See the notes attached to the YouTube video below to see the exact scores).
I won't dive into productivity -- which would involve more traditional Windows desktop performance metrics -- with Microsoft Office until the Dell Tablet Keyboard arrives. I was expecting to post my first impressions after using the keyboard, but shipment has been delayed (and I got tired of waiting).

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.